Books are some of our best friends and companions for a lifetime. Words of an incorrigible bookworm, no less. But books guide us through a fascinating world of wonder, learning, hope, entertainment, a world available to us all.

There are countless ones who are no longer apprentice writers, but we are all writers’ apprentices forever…

WELCOME! Wherever you are, feel at home here.

.

.

The Writers’ Apprentices is an individual blog, just in English, with only two pages. But it’s also an extension of the bigger blog called Aprendizes de Escritores. As I use to say, Writers’ Apprentices and Aprendizes de Escritores are twins, but not identic ones. I created Aprendizes de Escritores in April/2011 and, since then, I’ve been translating it to English to turn it into a bilingual blog. The whole blog has 15 pages, and there are lots of parts there in Portuguese that are already in English too. As I am a translator, I want both blogs to be shared with all people, no matter the language, or the profession. In order to know the whole bilingual blog of 15 pages, if you’d like after you visit here, please click on the link at the pen below. Here, on the Writers’ Apprentices, you’ll find lots of interesting things too, in a pleasant way, such as articles, texts, phrases, comic cards, general comments and tips, etc.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Photography as a Hobby


     I love to take pictures, but with a simple camera, as most people do. They’re pictures of an amateur, unpretentious pictures I’ve always taken the way I know, without the aesthetic considerations and techniques of the area professionals. I also enjoy creating collages and mosaics with these pictures.
     They are pictures I take during common outings, especially of landscapes, flowers, parks, or even of interesting things on the streets…  There are amazing urban landscapes. I use to photograph almost everything I think is beautiful, pleasant _ things I like to eternalize together with my memories (those memories of good times when we feel so great). Of the zoo giraffe only, for instance, I must have some two hundred pictures! But I take pictures as a hobby because I’m in the Letters area.
     It’s not the camera that takes the pictures, but the photographer. There’s, therefore, a big difference between professional and amateur photographers like me. Those who take pictures as amateurs, do it as a hobby and just for fun.
     Professional photographers are sensitive and they’ve got the gift to take the best out of an image with theirs lens and transmit it to those who see it later. They study a lot, they master the use of their equipment and use several techniques. They know the best angles, make the due framing and perfectly catch the light. Photography is an art.

     Thus, no matter how sophisticated the equipment, nothing can replace the real photographer when it comes to professional photography.





0 comentários:

Post a Comment